Sunday, February 7, 2016

Winter wonderland

We spent the month of January learning all about winter animals.
 First we learned all about penguins. My students loved doing this free directed drawing by FirstGradeBlueSKies (from TPT). We put our own spin on it and I think they turned out really cute!




We then learned about polar bears. I wanted to do a different type of art project with this one. Bought some blue glitter pain from Michaels and this is what I came up with:

We ended the month talking about hibernation vs. migration. The kids once again amazed me with what the info they retained! We used cut out plates, bear graphics, cotton, and white crayons to create our hibernating bears. I let the kids pick which type of bear was hibernating.

Here is a final picture of our winter wonderland:

Now that January is over it's time to plan the 100th day of school...and anyone who teaches kindergarten knows the importance of the 100th day of school :)

No comments:

Post a Comment